An issuer can be just about anything; an organization, institution, program, department, classroom, person, etc.. Issuing entities that can be defined with a name, description, URL, image, email address and entities that are relevant to the badges issued, are all good candidates.
Create an Issuer for your Canvas course
- If you do not have access to any Issuers, you may create one. Select ADD ISSUER.
- Define your Issuer with a name, description, image, URL and contact email (typically yours).
- Select New Issuer
Create badges within your Canvas Course
- Once you've defined an Issuer, you will be taken to the Objectives tab of the badges menu.
- Select the arrow that corresponds to the module you wish to add a badge.
- Select Create New Badge.
- Provide the badge name, description, criteria and image, then select Create.
- We recommend you upload your own badge images that align with your content or brand.
- Alternatively, you may use the Badge Studio to create simple badge designs with different shapes, clipart and color options.
- The badge is assigned to the module you initially selected by default. However, you can assign and unassign the badge in any module.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com