The first step to awarding a badge in bulk is to upload the list of recipients, then awarding the badge.
You have created an issue in Badgr (see How do I create an issuer profile in Badgr?)
Manually awarded badges won't appear in the Badgr app in Canvas (see How do I use Badgr's course Leaderboard in Canvas?), because they cannot be associated with specific course module completion requirements.
Uploading a list of badge recipients
- Log in to your account at https://Badgr.io
- Select the ISSUERS tab.
- Create a new issuer or select the issuer name you would like to issue badges for.
- Scroll past the Pathways and Groups sections to Badge Classes.
- Find the badge you want to issue and select the ISSUE button.
Alternatively, you may select the badge itself and issue from the badge detail page.
- You may issue a badge to an individual from here.
To upload a list of badge recipients, select the Bulk Issue link.
- You may upload a CSV file that contains two required fields:
- Email (required for each recipient)
Evidence (optional for each recipient)
Please note: A value is required in the Email field, but not the Evidence field.
Once your file is prepared according to instructions, you may drag it into the FILE area.
Alternatively, you may click the CSV image to produce a dialog box to select the file.
Use the Sample Template as a guide your first few times.
Match the columns in your file to Badgr's system using the drop-down arrows.
Click the CONTINUE button when you are finished.
Awarding a badge in bulk
Now you are ready to issue the badge to multiple recipients.
Be sure to click the Notify recipient by email box (if applicable).
- Click ISSUE BADGE.
- You will be returned to the badge detail page where you may view the recent and past awards.
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org