Issuer profiles in Canvas courses
The first task is to create or select an Issuer to use for your course. An issuer can be just about anything; an organization, institution, program, department, classroom, person, etc.. Issuing entities that can be defined with a name, description, URL, image, email address and entities that are relevant to the badges issued, are all good candidates.
The issuer you select will become the default Issuer for all badges awarded in this course, so make sure it matches the description of how you would like to publicly present them. You may only use one issuer per course, but you can create as many Issuers and badges as you like. If you've accidentally selected the wrong issuer, contact email@example.com and we can reset it for you.
Selecting an Issuer
- When you first visit the Badges tab of your course, you'll see a list of the Issuers you have access to in your Badgr account. You can select any one of these Issuers or create a brand new one by selecting ADD ISSUER.
- Use the down arrow to view badges associated with Issuers.
Select Badges for Modules
Once you select an Issuer, you'll be taken to the course Objectives tab in the Badgr app. This is where you decide which of your Canvas modules you would like to award a badge to students for completing.
Not every Canvas module requires a badge – only the modules you want to recognize with a badge.
For each module, you may select a badge you've previously defined in Badgr (under the selected issuer profile), or define a new badge (see How do I create a badge in Badgr (to award)?).
- Select the down arrow on the module to see a list of badges.
- Use the search feature to quickly find the badge you are looking for.
3. Once you've selected badges for your Canvas modules, they will be listed in the Objectives tab.
Check Canvas course Progress
Once students complete the requirements for Canvas course modules, their badges will appear in the Progress tab (see How do I track Canvas course progress as a Teacher using Badgr?).
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org