Revoking a badge removes the assertion from the badge, and anyone who attempts to verify it will determine that the badge is not valid. Currently, you can only revoke or remove a badge from individual earners. If you would like to revoke or remove a badge from a large group of students, contact us with your course URL, badge name, etc. and we will provide assistance.
Revoking and/or Removing a badge in your Badgr.io account
Occasionally, badges must be revoked. Badgr allows this functionality from the badge detail view where the table of recipients is shown. Revoking an instance makes it so that recipients are unable to verify the badge any longer.
- Click the ISSUERS tab.
- Click the relevant issuer to get to its list of badges.
- Active Badges lists all the badges associated with the issuer, date created and the number of award recipients.
- Click a badge that has a recipient whose badge instance must be revoked, and find the relevant instance in the list of awards.
- Click the revoke button and confirm to prevent this recipient from verifying this badge in the future.
Deleting a Badge
If you wish to completely remove a defined badge from your issuer profile, you may do so after revoking all the awarded instances.
- To delete a badge that has already been awarded, you will first need to revoke the badge from each student that it was awarded to.
- Click the badge to see a list of badge recipients.
- Click Revoke for each recipient and confirm.
- To delete a badge that has not yet been awarded, click DELETE BADGE.
Revoking a badge in the Badgr app in Canvas
Sometimes a teacher discovers that a badge awarded automatically for module completion needs to be revoked. Perhaps a student broke the plagiarism code of conduct. Badgr allows teachers to revoke badges in cases such as these.
- Log into Canvas and navigate to the course where you are a teacher.
- Alter the student's grade or condition that triggered module completion for the relevant badge so it is not automatically re-awarded to them after you revoke it.
- Navigate to Badgr via the Badges item in the left-side course navigation menu.
- Click the Progress tab in the Badgr app.
- FInd the page where the student in question appears or search for the student by name with the search box.
- For a particular student, click the badge you wish to revoke to open the detail dialog.
- Click Revoke Badge.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com