In your Badgr.io account, you can manually award a badge to an earner.
Manually awarded badges won't yet appear in the Badgr app in Canvas (see How do I use Badgr's course Leaderboard in Canvas?), because they cannot be associated with specific course module completion requirements. This capability will be enabled in a future release.
Manually awarding a badge
- Click the Issuers tab.
- Select the issuer that defined the badge you would like to award.
- Scroll past "Pathways" and "Groups" to the Badge Classes section.
- Find the badge you wish to award, click the Issue button.
- From the Badge award page, enter an email address, URL or phone number into Recipient Email area.
- Evidence URL is an optional field: You may enter a URL to the evidence for why this earner has earned this badge.
- To send an email to the earner, along with a copy of their badge, click the checkbox beside Notify earner by email.
- Click the award BADGE button.
Evidence that the earner has completed requirements for a badge might include a YouTube video showing the earner completing a presentation, or a link to an online research paper or photo gallery.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com