This is a paid feature of Badgr Pro. As part of the Badgr Pro suite of features, you may now view badges that are awarded from external sources, within a single course.
Badges awarded in other courses or badges awarded from Badgr.com may be viewed in a course they were not awarded in.
Externally awarded badges must be associated with the same issuer as used in the course where they will be displayed
Tracking an externally awarded badge
- If you have a Badgr Pro subscription, you should have access to a red button that reads, "Add New Objective," from the Badges tab in your course navigation.
- After accessing the button, a new row will be added to the table containing the list of modules. The new row will contain the label "External Award" instead of "Complete Module."
- Use the drop-down arrow to select from the list of available badges you wish to track (or create a new badge). The "externally awarded" badge must belong to the same issuer used in the course.
- Assign the external badge you wish to track within the course to the newly added row in the table.
- Observe which students in the course have completed the external badged activity by selecting the Progress tab from the Badges course navigation menu.
- SUMMARY: In this example, Kelly has completed 3 out of 4 modules in her Professional Development Canvas course. As part of her continuing education requirements, she presented at a conference for which she was awarded a badge. Now the program administrators and/or course instructors can easily see she satisfied these external requirements right within the context of earning her other professional development badges.
We will be implementing the student view of external awards after August 2018. Currently, students cannot view the external badge assignments when selecting the badges menu and view their Progress or the Leaderboard.
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org