- Ensure you are enrolled as a teacher in the Canvas course.
- You need to define an issuer in Badgr before creating theBadgrPathway.
- You will need to create the Badgr Pathway prior to installing the LTI.
- You can add the Pathway LTI to your course more than once if you have more than one Pathway.
Installing the Badgr Pathway LTI is easy!
Badgr Pathways gives teachers and students an easy to use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Canvas courses. Here's how to set it up. From your issuer dashboard in Badgr Pathways, find the pathway you want to add to your course in the list of pathways, and select LTI Integrations. Complete the install by copying the key and secret from Pathways into Canvas. See below for details.
Step-by-Step: How to Install
- Login to Badgr.io and select an issuer profile you've created, or create a new one describing your program.
- Select the Manage Pathways button from the Issuer detail page.
- A new window will open to the Pathways app. If you are prompted to log in, please do so.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the "My Issuers" area in the Pathways app.
- Select the issuer that manages the pathway you wish to add to your course.
- Select the ellipses that correspond with the pathway you wish to add to your course.
- Choose LTI Integrations.
- From the LTI Integrations page, you can manage or add a new integration. Select Add Integration to create a new installation.
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you are creating. In most cases, this will be Canvas.
In another tab, go to the desired Canvas account, sub-account or course. Choose Settings in the left-hand menu.
Select View App Configurations, then Add App.
From the drop-down menu, choose the By URL method and copy the Consumer key and Shared Secret into the dialog, along with the Config URL
- Copy and paste the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret (Shared Secret), and Config URL presented in the Badgr Pathways dialog box into your Canvas integration. Copy the name or fill out a name you won't forget.
- Once the information is entered, select Done and refresh the browser window.
- Observe the new menu item, Pathways, in the course navigation along the left side. Click this item to load the view of your pathway.
If you wish to add the LTI by XML, follow instructions 1-11 above.
- Rather than selecting by URL from the drop-down, select the Paste XML option.
Copy the Consumer key and Shared Secret into the appropriate fields.
Enter a name.
Copy the XML provided below, and paste it into the XML Configuration field.
If you have multiple Pathways integrations and need to differentiate them or would just prefer a different name in the navigation pane, you can change the name.
Change the value in the following element: <lticm:property name="text">21st Century Skills Pathway</lticm:property>
The text you change there will be displayed in the navigation pane.